So minimal makeup? It’s fast and easy; perfect for the working woman. It’s actually perfect for any situation because of it’s simplicity. I’ve broken down my routine into 5 steps that take me from just-rolled-out-of-bed to effortlessly put together.
- Concealer/corrector: a peachy colored corrector can help with discoloration of dark circles and concealer helps make everything look like skin.
2. Powder Foundation: The coverage isn’t fantastic, but it is enough to make the skin seamless (aka you can’t tell where your concealer stops and my skin starts). With a light dusting, it also sets all of the cream products.
3. Bronzer: Yep, it’s extra and can be completely skipped, BUT HEAR ME OUT. Bronzer helps give dimension and color. It also doubles as eyeshadow.
4. Brows: Framing the face is essential when there is no time (or want) for full face. Defining the eyebrows, no matter how full they are, can be the difference between makeup that looks rushed, and the minimal makeup look I am trying to achieve.
5. Mascara & Liner: Again frame the face! Eyes are the window to the soul, draw attention to your windows! Mascara opens up the eyes, and a nude liner will make them look brighter.
There you have it, 5 easy steps to achieve a gorgeous minimal makeup look. What? The lips? Right so, I usually just use chapstick. Feel free to pair any lip color with this look! I guess that is 6 steps, but shhhhh consider it a bonus
A video that isn’t 16 minutes long?? Have I mastered the art of editing or the art of not rambling???
Anyways hello, My April favorites video is live!!!
Links to everything I talked about:
Clinique take the day off
Sweet Peach Palette
Frick n’ Frack
It’s been few weeks into the actual summer season and I have beauty favorites!!!
Urban Decay Deslick setting spray : switching to a bb cream for summer without this was once impossible because I get oily QUICK.
Maybelline dream BB fresh:Coverage. Lightweight. SPF 30 . Need I say more?
L.A. Girl pro conceal: There will never be a time where this won’t be included in a favorites
Becca highlighters in Opal and Moonstone : highlighter is everything right now and because these are so beautiful , I’ll risk getting extremely oily for the day if I get 2 hours of these looking incredible
Nars Isolde eyeshadow: I feel like these will be great for anytime of year for me
I don’t have specific lip favorite because I haven’t tried anything new. These will carry me straight through fall because Florida never cools down. What are some of your summer favorites?
Story time: Sophomore year of college has ended and I passes all of my classes! Why must I share this bit of information you ask? Well, this is a blog, but I know that I one day I’ll look back at these so it’s a diary too! The second reason? It’s how I justified this cheeky purchase.
The Nars eye shadow duo in Isolde. I’ve wanted this item since I read Zoe Sugg’s blog post . Being 15/16 years old and not a wearer of makeup, I wasn’t about to ask my parents to spend a load of money on 2 eye shadows. Fast forward almost 4 years and I’m in Sephora checking out (w. my hard earned money) with my first Nars product!
I have to be honest, if for one second I had a complaint or something I didn’t like, it was going back to Sephora. It was too expensive to keep if I wasn’t going to use it. Luckily, I loved the application. They are smooth,buttery, they look incredible, and they last such a long time. I’ve never had people complement my makeup before I used this, and I felt like quite the princess. By the end of the day, my eye shadow looked as good if not BETTER as when I first applied it. I can’t say that for the rest of my makeup. Isolde is beautiful, it has a burnt orange and a deep copper eye shadow that look beautiful together and on their own. I may have to invest in more of these, but for right now I’m going to enjoy my short summer and my wonderful new discovery
Have you treated yourself lately? Let me know what it was!