It’s always exciting whenever Too Faced release a new palette, especially a scented palette. Putting aside the scented factor, the shadows are really great quality and the price is right when you do the math. The big scented palettes run about $49, and $52 after taxes are added. Divide that number by the number of shadows in each palette (usually 16-18),it costs $2.88-$3.25 per eye shadow. That’s less than most single eye shadows at the drugstore! Now add back the fact that they smell incredible!! It’s no surprise that there is always a ton of hype around these palettes. The Semi-Sweet chocolate bar is my holy grail. I wear it most everyday, and it’s my base product when I am testing out new eye shadows (this review included).
Too Faced brought back their peach scented eye shadow palette along with other peach scented products in their latest collection. I wasn’t expecting to find a supply at my local Ulta because it was sold out online, and the makeup lovers in my town are sneaky but vicious. I picked one up as soon as I saw the display. Here are my thoughts,
What I liked:
- The scent duh! It reminds me of a babydoll I had when I was little. There was a whole collection of fruit smelling babies and the one with my skin toned smelled like peaches. That sweet artificial peach scent brought me right back to being 4.
- The shimmery shades are unlike anything I’ve ever seen from Too Faced before. Creamy, buttery, little fall out, and so pigmented *swoons*
- They included an olive green shade, called “Bless Her Heart”, and it is my favorite shade out of the entire palette. Cosmetic brands rarely bring out green eye shadow it’s refreshing to see TF take this leap.
- The sheer black shade (Tempting) included in the palette was a smart move. Having a sheer, yet buildable black is great when creating smoky looks. You can add a little bit at a time to create that smoky effect.
- You can use the lighter shimmers as stunning highlights
What I didn’t like:
There are 2 things that really didn’t sit well with me. The matte shadows in the palette are all over the place with consistencies. There are some like “Peaches ‘n Cream” , “Puree”, and “Charmed I’m Sure” that are really nice, a little powdery, but it’s nothing to worry over. The other mattes though? Patchy and chalky. This is really disappointing to see TF drop the ball like this. All of the other palettes are so well rounded when it comes to shimmers and mattes. I don’t see why the same attention couldn’t be paid to this one. I understand the makeup industry is wrapped up in the highlight game right now, and if that was the case, why not make a palette of shimmers and satins? The other thing I didn’t like was how bad the really dark shades, “Delectable” and “Talk Derby to Me”, were. Maybe it was my luck to get a dud palette. I don’t use really dark colors too often, so this isn’t a deal breaker for me but if you love your smoky, dark, sultry eyes, this is something to consider.
So do I love this?
5 good things versus 2 not so good things. The Sweet Peach won’t overthrow my Semi-Sweet chocolate bar, but it is no where near a bad palette. If you don’t already own a Too Faced eye palette, and/or are a collector of the scented palettes, I think you’ll enjoy this one. If you do have this palette, did you have better luck? Let me know!!